O’Reilly is creating a new line of "community-authored" books. One of them is called "97 Thing Every Software Architect Should Know".
All of the "97 Things" books will be created by wiki, with the best entries being selected from all the wiki contributions.
I’ve contributed several axioms that have been selected for the book:
- Talk about the arch, but see the scaffolding beneath it
- You’re negotiating more often than you think
- Software architecture has ethical consequences
- Everything will ultimately fail
- Engineer in the white spaces
Long-time readers of this blog may recognize some of these themes.
You can see the whole wiki here.